Wednesday, May 24, 2006

blogging plan in effect


I will now be posting my economic development, migration, regional, social, international, and binational relations opinions relating to the American continent in a blog called "sí somos americanos", in answer to the Victor Jara song, called "si somos americanos" the tilde on the letter "i" has important significance. The song suggests that "if we are all Americans", from Punta Arenas to Point Barrows then we will all be brothers, good neighbors, we will share the bounty, we will not have boundaries. Well, for some people that sounds like something close to a heresy. My answer is that in fact "Yes, we are all Americans"and the situation in the continents, which in Latin America are taught as one continent, is a common one, part of a worldwide whole. They still have seven, they count Oceania as a continent. Well, Panama might seem like a narrow enough boundary, but only if you ignore the fact that the Carribean is very much inhabited and shares our common, continental history. That is their argument. We separate Asia from Europe at the Urals, and so do they. But those are details. My argument is that we are all Americans already, and not only do we have the ability to do those things this idealist sung about but we have so much in common that the rest of the world doesn't, that if we can look beyond flags, remove the boundaries conceptually and look at ourselves objectively we can learn to adapt and catch up to our shrinking world. I basically have a lot of things to say, and wanted a way to say some of them. About America.

So, please if you were interested in the posting on immigration and are interested in keeping up on this side of my postings and opinions, then click on the button called "view my complete profile" and choose to view this blog.

If not, that's cool, I don't even feel interested in that stuff sometimes!

As I sand sculpture or rake scattered brush into piles for gathering I sort of go over things in my mind, or other times I'll wake up worried about something. You know? I guess that is the same for everyone.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home